Friday, February 18, 2011

El DeBarge Enters Rehab, Cancels Tour

The R&B singer says he voluntarily checked into a rehab center "to deal with issues stemming from many years of substance abuse. El DeBarge has entered rehab to deal with substance abuse issues and dropped out of a national tour with KEM and Lesidi, the Associated Press reported.

The singer said in a statement that he voluntarily checked into the center "to deal with issues stemming from many years of substance abuse."

DeBarge added that he has battled drug addiction for two decades.

"I hate to disappoint my fans, but it is necessary for me to take the time to work on me so that I may continue to share my music and my story with everyone," DeBarge said in the statement released by Geffen Records. "I thank everyone in advance for their prayers and well wishes and hope that you will respect my privacy during this time."

DeBarge's career reached a high point in the 1980s with the group DeBarge, formed with his siblings. Their hits included "Time Will Reveal" and "Rhythm of the Night."
He earned two Grammy nominations following his comeback album, Second Chance, last year. It was his first album of new music in 16 years.

The tour with KEM and Ledisi kicks off this week in Texas.

source

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

OSD Hits