Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bridget Moynahan Covers *Self Magazine* Aug 2010

Actress Bridget Moynahan is gorgeous on the cover of the new issue of Self magazine. In the interview, the Ramona & Beezus star opens up about her life as a single mom - she has 2 1/2-year-old son Jack with her ex Tom Brady - and explains why finding "Mr. Right" isn't always easy.

When it comes to the topic of motherhood, Bridget, 39, aims to set the record straight.

"Being a mom, whether single or not, is not easy! Certain individuals and the press present motherhood as if it's easy or painless, and that's irresponsible," she says. "Girls see pictures in magazines of mothers with fancy baby bags and think it looks glamorous, and that's not necessarily the case. I'm not complaining about anything in my life - it's fantastic. My son is so well adjusted. He has two parents who live in different homes, and that's what he knows. Having a child didn't hold me back from a career or a love life or traveling; it has enhanced my life."

Still pregnant when she and Tom broke up, Bridget's love life soon became the topic of tabloid fodder. Still, she's remained largely mum on the split ("My attitude was to take the high road," she explains) and tries her best to keep her son Jack out of the spotlight as well.

"The paparazzi are intrusive, offensive and aggressive. It's not something that I respect or, quite frankly, deserve. I don't search it out. I lead a quiet life. I don't go out as much as I'd like because I don't want my son to be involved in that. We do things privately, like reading Dr. Seuss, playing games and listening to music. That's why you haven't seen many photos of us. I don't need to parade him around. I want to raise him with a strong sense of self and integrity. He'll learn from his mistakes. I'm not a believer in encouraging bad behavior or sweeping it under the rug. It better be out on the table."

As for love, marriage and possibly more children, Bridget says she's open to all of it, but adds that dating as a single mom can be tricky.

"I do look at men differently now. There's a whole category that isn't in the running: somebody who doesn't want a family. And, while I'd love to have more children, I'm not sure I want another on my own. One is portable; two are not. Anyone I date is going to have an open heart."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

OSD Hits